IVI VALUERS’S PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
Your privacy matters to us. To preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, we maintain the following privacy principles:
- We only collect Personal Data [as hereinafter defined] that we believe to be relevant and required.
- We use your Personal Data to provide you with better services and products.
- We may disclose your Personal Data to our Related Corporation [as hereinafter defined] or other third parties as identified in this Privacy Notice.
- We endeavour to collect your Personal Data with your knowledge and consent which we believe to be true, accurate and complete in all respects.
IMPORTANT NOTICE & DEFINITIONS
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully as it covers both our “online activities” in relation to the IVI VALUERS network of websites and digital services of IVI VALUERS, howsoever accessed and/or used, whether via personal computers, mobile devices, tablets or otherwise) and “offline activities” (e.g, collection of data through mailings, telephone, or in person, if applicable) activities owned, operated, provided, or made available by IVI VALUERS. Our “online” and “offline” activities are collectively referred to as “IVI VALUERS SERVICES”. THIS PRIVACY NOTICE FORMS PART OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF ANY IVI VALUERS SERVICES AND ALSO APPLIES TO YOUR USE OF INTERACTIVE FEATURES OR DOWNLOADS (IF ANY) THAT (A) WE OR OUR RELATED CORPORATION CONTROLS; (B) ARE AVAILABLE THROUGH IVI VALUERS SERVICES; AND/OR (C) INTERACT WITH IVI VALUERS SERVICES AND POSTED OR INCORPORATED IN THIS PRIVACY NOTICE.
In this Privacy Notice, the following expressions shall, unless the otherwise expressly stated, bear the following meaning:
“IVI VALUERS”, “Our”, “Us”, “We” refers to IRHAMY VALUERS INTERNATIONAL SDN. BHD. and its Related Corporation(s)(where applicable).
“IVI VALUERS Website” means collectively the websites used, owned or operated by IVI VALUERS and other web address(es) as may be used and/or adopted by IVI VALUERS from time to time which shall include webpage or corresponding website in different languages and shall include any subdomains of those websites (if any applies), voice assistant products, application programming interface (“API”) and widgets, etc..
“IVI VALUERS System” means all online, mobile platform(s) and any other platforms maintained and operated by IVI VALUERS where IVI VALUERS provides services primarily (1) to provide professional valuation services in Real Estate, Infrastructure, Marine, Energy, Heavy Industry and Plant & Machinery; (2) to provide real estate consulting for M&A, IPO, Feasibility and Market Studies across the real estate spectrum; and (3) to provide property management for residential and commercial real estate.
“Personal Data” means any information in the possession or control of IVI VALUERS that relates directly or indirectly to you (or any other individual) to the extent that you (or the other individual) is identified or identifiable from that information or from that and other information in the possession of IVI VALUERS including but without limitation to your personal information such as name, name of company, site location and addresses, telephone or mobile phone number(s), e-mail address(es), land title, machinery & equipment purchasing order, invoices or any proof of ownership, building plans, insurance policy details, company accounts, written agreements and expression of opinion and including but without limitation to all information and details in relation to the IVI VALUERS Services provided by IVI VALUERS to you and any information pertaining to the commercial transactions (if any) as stipulated in the agreement between you and IVI VALUERS.
“Privacy Notice” shall mean the entire notice or statement or policy herein and shall include all such further and future amendments, modifications and/or rectifications.
“Process”, “Processing” shall mean any dealings by us with the Personal Data including but without limitation to the collection, recording, holding, storing, use and disclosure of the Personal Data and shall further include but without limitation to the organisation, adaptation, alteration of the Personal Data, the access to, retrieval, consultation or use of the Personal Data, the disclosure of the Personal Data by transmission, transfer, dissemination or otherwise making available or the alignment, combination, correction, erasure or the destruction of the Personal Data.
“Related Corporation” in relation to any corporation means any subsidiary or holding/parent company of that corporation or any subsidiary of that holding/parent company, or any other affiliated legal entity with whom we are under common corporate control, which has agreed to comply with the terms of this Privacy Notice with respect of the use and disclosure of Personal Data.
“IVI VALUERS Services” means any services and/or products and/or a combination of both provided by IVI VALUERS, our Related Corporation(s), authorised agents, authorised affiliated partners or associate and shall include our “online” (e.g., IVI VALUERS’s Website, however accessed and/or used, whether via personal computers, mobile devices, tablets or otherwise) and “offline” (e.g, collection of data through mailings, telephone, or in person) activities owned, operated, provided, or made available by IVI VALUERS. Any references to “IVI VALUERS Services” in this Privacy Notice shall mean all the IVI VALUERS Services or any of them as the context requires.
“You”, “the user” shall mean any person who is using IVI VALUERS Services and/or accessing to IVI VALUERS System.
Any references to “person(s)” shall include any company, partnership, individual person, firm, joint venture, association, corporation, statutory body, unincorporated body of persons, trust, bureau, minister, agency, instrument, court, regulatory body, government or state, any authority or other body corporate and vice versa.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA – HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We collect your Personal Data through various ways, including but without limitation to the following manner:
- During the signing-up/registration process: Any personal information provided by you whenever you sign up or register for any of the IVI VALUERS Services or fill in or submit any registration forms/questionnaires, survey, agreements and whether by way of telephone conversation, online submission, or through IVI VALUERS Website and/or IVI VALUERS System and/or any other mode of telecommunications.The Personal Data herein described is collected automatically and if you wish to stop and/or prohibit us from processing this Personal Data about you, we will no longer be able to provide the relevant IVI VALUERS Services to you.
- From your use of the IVI VALUERS Services – in order to provide IVI VALUERS Services including, but not limited to, calculating our valuation service fees for quotation and to execute valuation duties and report, we must ask you to provide your Personal Data such as your preferred language, your mobile number, the name of your company, purpose of valuation, the location of the site, land title, proof of ownership of machinery & equipment, building plans, other information in relation to your property, any information in relation to how you use the IVI VALUERS Services or any of them, and etc. Your Personal Data will also be provided and collected by us when you post or contribute any material on IVI VALUERS Website via email or any other method of communication or when you access or use any of IVI VALUERS Services.
The Personal Data herein described is collected manually and/or automatically and if you wish to stop and/or prohibit us from processing this Personal Data about you, we will no longer be able to provide the relevant IVI VALUERS Services to you.
- Embedded Scripts – An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with IVI VALUERS Services, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your device from our web server or a third-party service provider, is active only while you are connected to IVI VALUERS Services, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
- Voluntary Personal Data – Any information voluntarily provided by you when you subscribe to certain IVI VALUERS Services or any information and documentation that you provided us for purpose of verification.Subscription to IVI VALUERS Services is voluntary and you can choose to unsubscribe them at any time. If you do not wish for us to process such information, you should not subscribe for IVI VALUERS Services or you should immediately unsubscribe from IVI VALUERS Services.
- Non-Personal Data – Apart from this “Personal Data” information, IVI VALUERS collects other information that does not personally identify you. Specific or aggregate information may be collected to help maintain accurate accounts, assist in marketing of our products and services and to help make our websites more useful to you. IVI VALUERS may provide aggregated statistical information about user behaviour to reputable third parties. For avoidance of doubt, such information collected or collated as part of a statistic, is NOT Personal Data.
PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA – THE PURPOSES
Your Personal Data may be processed for various purposes, including but without limitation to the following purposes:
- For the performance of any agreement between IVI VALUERS and you for any purpose which is necessary or related to the provision of IVI VALUERS Services to you;
- For the performance of a contract in which you are a party;
- For the taking of steps at your request with a view to entering into a contract;
- To protect your vital interest or another person in a case where the consent cannot be given by or on your behalf or you cannot reasonably be expected to obtain the consent the data subject;
- To administer and manage IVI VALUERS Services and your account with us whether on IVI VALUERS Website or otherwise;
- To detect and prevent fraudulent activity;
- For the administration of justice or prevention or detection of a crime, or for purpose of investigations or for the purposes of public interest or legal proceedings;
- For execution of any functions conferred on any person by or under any law or was required or authorised by or under any law or by the order of a court or any administrative or regulatory bodies having jurisdiction over the matter;
- For medical purposes and is undertaken by a healthcare professional or a person who in the circumstances owes a duty of confidentiality which is equivalent to that which would arise if that person were a healthcare professional;
- For the purpose of obtaining legal advice in relation to IVI VALUERS Services;
- For the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending legal rights;
- For the assessment or collection of any tax or duty or any other imposition of a similar nature;
- To manage the network;
- To verify your identity and to conduct background check on you (if required);
- To investigate and resolve any service issues, complaints or other enquiries regarding IVI VALUERS Services;
- To contact you and maintain communication with you;
- To manage staff training and quality assurance;
- To help us to monitor and improve the performance of our services, our customer relations and service providers and etc;
- To maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of the system;
- To gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us to enhance our services or to improve your overall experience in using IVI VALUERS Services;
- To contact you to conduct surveys, research and feedback about our products, services, website, etc;
- To conduct research and development and statistical analysis in connection with IVI VALUERS Services and to identify your needs, preference and market trend;
- For any other purposes which you have explicitly consent to, whether contained herein or otherwise.
TRANSFER AND STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA OVERSEAS
Please note that all of your information may be transferred to and maintained on computer networks which may be located outside of the state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction in which you reside, and the countries in which these computer networks are located may not have privacy laws as protective as the laws in your country. When you provide us with your Personal Data, you also consent for your Personal Data to be store in our servers. We currently have servers located in Malaysia.
Where we have obtained your consent to do so, we may also share your Personal Data with our service providers and other third parties located outside of the country in which you reside so that they can provide you with any products or services requested by you, including contacting you in relation to the products or services. As these entities are located outside of the country in which you reside, the legal framework in relation to personal data protection or privacy protection may vary in degree in different countries/jurisdictions.
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
Your Personal Data may be disclosed to third parties, including but without limitation to the following persons:
- any person engaged/contracted/appointed by us (including our employees, workers, staffs, shareholders, directors, agents, contractors, business partners or associates, etc) to facilitate the performance and provision of IVI VALUERS Services and/or any other purpose which is necessary or related to the provision of IVI VALUERS Services to you;
- to any of our Related Corporation(s);
- to any person for the performance of a contract in which you are a party;
- to any person for the purpose of compliance of any legal obligation, other than an obligation imposed by contact;
- to any person necessary for the administration of justice or prevention or detection a crime, or for purpose of investigations or for the purposes of public interest;
- to any person for medical purposes or for the purposes of obtaining legal advice or for the purpose of execution of any functions conferred on any person by or under any law or was required or authorised by or under any law or by the order of a court or any administrative or regulatory bodies having jurisdiction over the matter;
- to any person for the assessment or collection of any tax or duty or any other imposition of a similar nature;
- to any person for the purpose of responding to services or technical issues or marketing activities;
- to our professional advisors on a need to know basis for the purpose of those advisors providing advice to us;
- to parties nominated or appointed by us either solely or jointly with other service providers, for purposes of establishing and maintaining a common database where we have a legitimate common interest;
- to any third party which acquires all or part of the assets or business of IVI VALUERS;
- otherwise as permitted under the applicable law.
OUR COMMITMENTS & SECURITY
As our commitment to you, we shall in our best endeavour adhere to the following principles when processing your Personal Data:
- we will take reasonable practical steps to protect the Personal Data from any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorised or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction of the Personal Data;
- we will not disclose your Personal Data to any spamming syndicate;
- we will take reasonable practical steps to ensure that third parties who receive your Personal Data from us shall safeguard the confidentiality of your Personal Data.
We take security very seriously and we have amongst others the following security features in processing your Personal Data:
- authentication – this assures your browser that your data is being sent to the correct computer server, and that the server is secured;
- encryption – this encodes the date, so that it cannot be read by anyone other than the secured server;
- data integrity – this checks the date being transferred to ensure it has not been altered.
Our website has reasonable security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. We use Secure Socket Layers (SSL) technology to ensure the privacy of the information provided to us in the order forms. We take all reasonable steps to protect the security of your Personal Data where reasonably practicable.
You are responsible for updating your Personal Data with us and you hereby confirm that all Personal Data furnished to us is true, accurate, complete, not misleading and kept up-to-date at all time. You shall immediately report and notify us in the event of any error in the Personal Data which you have submitted and/or provided to us and/or otherwise collected by us whether through your usage of IVI VALUERS Services or otherwise. If you do not wish to receive certain information from us whether via SMS, MMS, or any form of text, e-mail or otherwise you shall notify us and request to be excluded from such services, failing which you shall deemed to have accepted the services voluntarily.
We shall not be responsible for any Personal Data made available by you on any third-party sites which may have a link on IVI VALUERS Website.
BY AGREEING TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE AND/OR BY REGISTERING FOR AND CONTINUING TO USE IVI VALUERS SERVICES SIGNIFIES AND INDICATES YOUR VOLUNTARY AND EXPLICIT ACCEPTANCE AND CONSENT TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA BEING PROCESSED BY US FOR THE PURPOSES SET OUT IN THIS PRIVACY NOTICE AND DISCLOSED BY US TO THOSE CLASSES OF THIRD PARTIES IDENTIFIED IN THIS PRIVACY NOTICE. PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT YOU ARE AT LIBERTY TO REFUSE TO PROVIDE US WITH ANY PERSONAL DATA AND TO TERMINATE YOUR RELEVANT IVI VALUERS SERVICES AGREEMENT WITH US.
THE USER EXPRESSLY CONSENTS TO IVI VALUERS’S USE OF LOCATION-BASED SERVICES, AND THE USER EXPRESSLY WAIVES AND RELEASES IVI VALUERS AND ITS AFFILIATES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, CAUSES OF ACTION OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USER’S USE OF THE IVI VALUERS SERVICES, OR IN ANY WAY RELATING TO THE USE OF THE GEO-LOCATION AND OTHER LOCATION-BASED SERVICES IF APPLICABLE.
THIS PRIVACY NOTICE SHALL CONSTITUTE SUFFICIENT NOTICE TO YOU IN RELATION TO THE PROCESS OF PERSONAL DATA BY US.
YOU HAVE ACCESS & YOU HAVE RIGHTS
- Right to be informed & right to access: You are entitled to make a written request to us for information of the Personal Data that is being processed by or on behalf of IVI VALUERS upon payment of a prescribed fee. You may also request for a copy of the Personal Data upon payment of a prescribed fee.
- Right to correct your personal data: You may also request for correction and/or modification in relation to any of your Personal Data. If you are concerned with the confidentiality of any information given or you wish to correct any Personal Data provided by you to us, kindly contact us using the information available on the IVI VALUERS Website.
- Right to prevent processing for direct marketing purpose (if applicable): If you do not wish to receive certain information from us whether via SMS, MMS, or any form of text, e-mail or otherwise you shall notify us and request to be excluded from such services, failing which you shall deemed to have accepted the services voluntarily.
- Right to prevent processing of data likely to cause distress & Right to withdraw consent: You are entitled to inform us in writing should you wish us to stop processing your data but we may not be able to provide IVI VALUERS Services to you.
IVI VALUERS reserves all absolute rights to amend, modify, vary, terminate, delete and/or add any part or all of this Privacy Notice at any time and from time to time and any notice in relation to any such amendment, modification, variation, termination, deletion and/or addition shall be posted on IVI VALUERS Website. YOUR CONTINUED USAGE OF IVI VALUERS SERVICES AFTER BEING NOTIFIED OF ANY CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE YOU SHALL BE DEEMED TO HAVE AGREED TO AND ACCEPTED AND CONSENTED TO THOSE CHANGES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY SUCH CHANGES, YOU MAY TERMINATE YOUR RELEVANT IVI VALUERS SERVICES AGREEMENT WITH US.